Here are five quick facts about Yukio Hatoyama, the guy who will be replacing Taro Aso as prime minister:
1. He’s a 4th-generation politician hailing from a family sometimes referred to as the Kennedys of Japan.
2. His maternal grandfather founded and inherited Bridgestone.
3. He has a PhD in managerial engineering from Stanford.
4. The Washington Post describes him as “stiff, shy and very rich.”
5. Unlike Taro Aso, he can read and write the Japanese language. We hope.
Aso tells poor young people not to get married
Aso and Obama’s cheesy happy handshake photo
Taro “I can’t read kanji” Aso publicly proves incompetence in Japanese language
Aso to be featured in erotic video game
Aso depicted as a local hero in Akihabara
Japanese politics: The man who can explain it all and make you laugh